Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

89 year old male, suffering from body pain and not able to eat properly

My father ,89, is unwell and not able to eat properly for the last 10 day My father ,89, is unwell and not able to eat properly for the last 10 days or so and is getting weaker.He complains of pain in the body.All his organs are normal otherwise and he has no chronic desease.Please suggest.
Asked On : Sat, 15 Jan 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  127
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Why isnt he able to eat. Is there any nausea, gastric upset, or a problem in his teeth....?
If he is unable to take solid (for any reason), you may give him liquid or semisolid like milk, khichdi, dalia, juices etc at frequenty intervals.
For critially ill patients who are unable to take food, a tube can be inserted through the food pipe right into the stomach, I hope he doesnt NEED that.
Answered: Sat, 15 Jan 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor