Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
144 Doctors are Online

84 year old with missing pulse. Cordarone suggested. Any opinions?

I live in Delhi. My vegetarian father is 84 year old. He informed me that his pulse is missing at time. I checked by way of putting my right hand thumb on his right hand wrist the place where the pulse can be felt. I observed some times it is not being felt after ten beats, some after 25 beats. I checked with a neuro-surgeon. He told me it is normal. However, the surgeon suggested cararone. Please advise me.........
Asked On : Tue, 29 Jan 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  38
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Cardiologist, Interventional 's  Response
hello and welcome to HCM,

normally we can found occassionally missed beats in normal person also, but its usually less than 6 in a minutes. even as your father is more than 80 years old, better to do an ECG. and if he has any heart related problem consult cardiologist. if he has no symptoms and only occassional missed beats, usually we avoid cordarone.

wish you all a healthy heart..

Answered: Wed, 30 Jan 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor