Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
132 Doctors are Online

80 years old, severe swallowing troubles, can eat puree'd food only. Treatment?

Hi - my husband has had P.D. for years and he has a good outlook on life. We still live in our family home with no relatives close by. I look after the inside and outside of our home. My husband has severe swallowing problems - he gets some pureed food and I try to puree other food to add interest to his diet . I am so tired and I am crying as I write this - sorry. We have very little social life so I feel sometimes at the end of my rope. XXXXX and I are both 80 and I am healthy.
Asked On : Sat, 14 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  30
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, thanks for using healthcare magic

Sometimes illness has just as a significant effect on the caregiver as on the ill individual.

You may want to speak to other members of your family to see if they can help you with your husband's care.
In addition you may want to contact any community groups or become involved in a group in your area for help and also for socialisation.

I hope this helps
Answered: Wed, 9 Apr 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor