80 years. On and off swelling and redness in hands and feet. On pradaxa for A-fib. History of broken tibia and on rehab. Negative for gout. Ideas?

I am 80 years old and in reasonably good health. I have been having swellng and redness in my hands and feet off and on for 5 months. I was tested for gout, but did not have it. I have A-Fib and have been on Pradaxa (2 da) for 5 years. My family practioner does not know what it is. I broke my tibia on Mar 31st and was in Rehab for 2 months. That is when this all started. Any info you could give me would be appreciated. Thank you.
Wed, 4 Sep 2013