Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

80 year old diagnosed with Lumbar Stenosis. Has stiffness below knees. Treatment?

My grand father aged 80 is diagnosed with lumbar stenosis , which the doctor had explained as a decrease of distance between vertebra s L1 and S1. Due to this he feel stiffness below the knees and a creeping sensation from the toes to the feet . This increases after walking and massaging is not providing much relief. What would you suggest?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  21
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response

The only curative solution for the spinal stenosis is the surgery. Considering the age of your grandfather, however, the surgeon will have to evaluate him thoroughly before deciding whether he is eligible for surgery or not. If he is not eligible for surgery, the only possible solution would be pain killers along with some physical therapy.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards,
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor