Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

8 years old kid Swallowed a dime. should I consult a pediatrician ?

Ok, 8yr old swallowed a dime, she tells me an hour later. She says she has drank water, felt object slide down esophagus hurting once midway and again lower. I observed her breathing, fine, gave her bread she ate, swallowed and drank water, all fine. So now Im thinking monitor and ask questions, collect stool and if no results take her in to her pediatrician . What should I do?
Asked On : Thu, 4 Aug 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  188
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for query,
As there is no problem for breathing,swallowing and discomfort in chest,it might have gone into the stomach.
Gradually traveling through GITract it will come out through stool.
So observe for progress of going down.
Observe for pain in the abdomen,vomiting.If any thing of this type you found take him to ER.
Mostly within 3-4 days it will come out.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor