Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

8 year old with reddish eyes and cheeks, fluctuating temperature. Should I be concerned?

My son is 8yrs. old, He has bloodshot eyes, a fluctuating temp. that goes from 98.6 to 102.3, Also his cheeks are bright red and splotchy. I think it's fifths disease, but am not sure. I haven't given him any Tylenol or other fever reducers. I am a firm believer and letting our bodies do the work. I am just not sure if this is something I need to be more concerned with or if it fits parvovirus b19. Please tell me what your professional opinion is!!
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  42
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response

Thank you for your query.

I understand your concerns and respect your views. However it is not possible to say whether your son is suffering from Parvovirus B19 just on the basis of your notings. An examination and virological investigations can only confirm Parvovirus B19.

i suggest that you give your son Tylenol so that he becomes comfortable. In case the fever does not subside in the next day or two then it shall be better to consult a doctor and get him investigated and treated accordingly.

I hope I have answered your query to your satisfaction.

Wishing your son an early recovery.


Rajiv K Khandelwal
Answered: Sat, 6 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor