Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
145 Doctors are Online

8 year old. Dog bite, canine tooth impression seen. Dog is rabies injected. What should I do?

Hi, my 8 year old child is bitten by my pet dog over her waists, two canine tooth impressions can be seen, looks like two dots not deep just on the skin. there was no bleeding , i have cleaned it with detol and applied poviodine iodine ointment. my dog has been vaccinated for rabies 6 months back and the dog is one year and nine months old, dog has been given all the vaccines time to time. two vaccinations has been given to the dog one at the age of 3months and another at the age of one year three months. what should i do.
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  87
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
1.     Dog bites requires medical attention.
2. Clean the site of the bite (wrist). Wash it carefully with soap and water, then hold it under
running water for a few minutes to rinse away bacteria.
3.     your child’s up-to-date on her tetanus shots
4.     You should also call the doctor if, over the next few days, you notice any signs of infection,
such as redness, swelling, warmth, or pus. Your child may be prescribed a course of antibiotics.
5.     On safe side he have to give rabipur vaccine 3 shots on 0,3 ,7 days

Regards- Dr.Sagar Mhatre

Answered: Fri, 23 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor