Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

8 months old. Having fever, yellow discharge from ear. Given calpol, relent. Is there anything solution?

Hi, i have 8 months old boy... Since sunday night he had very high fever , we checked it on monday morning he had 103 degree, I am giving him calpol every 6 hrs..and monitoring his fever, it is between 100.8 to 102, it has not come down below 100 even after giving calpol. There is some yellow watery discharge from his left ear which came yesterday, today it is all dried up..he cries when i try to clean his ear. I am also giving him Relent morning an evening. Is there anything else I can do get his fever own... and how should i be dressing him? he is very weak and is getting frightened at any noise. We live in gurgaon.. Thanking you in anticipation, Bhavneet
Asked On : Fri, 22 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  17
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

thanks for writing to health care magic

i think your child is having acute suppurative otitis media

a ear infection

you do not do any dressing to the ear in this condition

infact it is required to keep the ear dry

treating physician may prescribe antibiotics in such scenario

if there is a pain behind the ear, or abnormal behaviour or repeated vomitings its a emergency and you should consult the pediatrician

hope this helps

take care
Answered: Sat, 23 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor