Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

78 years old female swallowed fuel accidentally

Hi, my grandmother 78 years old, with dimentia, she ingested fuel oil few hours ago, what we will do for her, she refuse going to hospital with us, she has wheeze also, I know some thing about drug and treatment, can you tell me which drug may benefit, please?
Asked On : Mon, 13 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
SHE NEEDS TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL IMMEDIATELY. She cannot be handled by non-medical personnel. Give her nothing to eat or drink for now till a few hours. If she develops any breathing difficulty she needs Oxygen from a Hospital only. Call the ambulance and get her to the Hospital.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
its quite serious keeping in mind her oldage ...because fuel oil like kerosene causes serious respiratory problems which can increase over time depending on amount ingested and any prior illness.....already she is having wheezes ...ALL u SHUD DO Nis rush her to a hosptl if needed and possibly...........os that drs there can give her bronchodilators .& other respiratory support ...if u r far place ...give her 2 tabs deriphylline 100 mg or inj deriphylline 1 ampule over buttock and 1ml of dexona inj also over buttock as desperate effort
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor