Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

78 year old with clots in the legs. Suffered cardiac arrest in the past. Any treatment needed?

My dad is. 78years of age. And not in good health he has had 6 bloods clots in leg cause he has a bad leg he can t have that leg operation on cause he could lose his life and lose his leg he has had.a carirad rest and nearly lost his life can u please put my mind at rest and tell me he is going to be OK thank you for listening
Asked On : Wed, 27 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  24
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Every patient does not need surgery / Every patient is not fit for surgery / many can not afford...
There always are some alternatives -
So is your father's case - may be, he can benefit from blood thinners / Inferior Vena Cava (IVC) filters and so on.
Discuss with your doctor

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Wed, 27 Mar 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor