76 years old is regularly experiencing pain in the left hand palm.

My mum is 76 years old, regularly experienced left palm of the hand pain around 6am. She described her pain is burning on the center of the palm especially left hand. She has diabetics about 10 years, her medical report on blood test , urine test , xray are generally good, although her ESR rate is high i.e. 95. Her sugar test is in avearge 7 before breakfast. Basically, her health condition is good, but the palm of hand pains can caused her pain till almost fainted, and this serve pained seems happens suddenly. So far, she had experienced twice serious pain for past 2 weeks. Her unexpected pain worries me, as it often came suddenly,and the diabetics doctor so far not sure what are the causes. Will the diabetics caused her palm of hand pain?
Fri, 20 May 2011