Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

7.5 yr old having less power (-2.15) in both eyes. Solution?

Hello sir, my son is 7.5 yr kid he is suffering from vision problem last 3 yr s starting is -2.15 for both eye s now R-5.15 L4.75 is there any solution for decreasing the problem sir, parents also using the optical by less power, doctor s are telling we can t say this problem is up to 18-20yr s later we will see give me the sugession sir thanking you
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  49
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response
Hello, Your kid is probably suffering from pathological myopia. Usually, as the eyeball grows in size, this type of refractive error increase gradually. In most cases , it gradually increase upto maturity ie 16 to 18 years, there after the progress stops. You can decrease the rate of progress by following measures- avoid working or reading in dim lights, keep wearing prescribed lenses at all times, cut off long hours of watching TV or computer from very near distance. Thanks
Answered: Thu, 14 Jun 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor