Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
156 Doctors are Online

73years old male diagnosed with pancreatic cancer stage 4 & cancer has been spreaded to his lung. How to get him recovered ?

My father whose age is 73years old just been diagnosed to have pancreatic cancer stage four. Doctor said the cancer has been spreaded to his lung.nothing they can do, including the chemo. few days ago dr said he had problem with his spleen already. I am confious, is my father getting worse ? Is there anything else we can do to help him recover ?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  183
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hello and welcome to healthcare forum.
You said that there is problem in your father's spleen also, but you did not described what actually it is, which is necessary to know to decide weather your father is getting worsened.
At stage 4, only palliative surgery is possible to help in his rest of life.
Best wishes for your father's health.
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
Thanks for query,
as all know nothing much can be done in advance case of cancer.
The medicines and chemotherapy are for symptomatic relief and some relief from his suffering.
We can not prevent secondaries spreading to other organs.
ok and take care.
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor