Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
166 Doctors are Online

73 year old with painful bruise in the ankle after being hit by a ball. No fracture. Need treatment?

I week ago I was hit by a soft ball 3 above my R ankle.I immediately iced it. The swelling went down considerably. I slept in a surgical stocking and iced it for the next 72 hrs. I visited my Dr. took X-ray of foot and ankle.No fractures , so just relax. I stoped taking 80MG of aspirin , yesterday I started back up. Today the area hurting somewhat. I m in very good health for 73yr old. Except for H Cholesterol and Osteo. My concern is I have more noticeable bruising.What do recommend at this point and time. Thanks, MM
Asked On : Thu, 1 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi friend
Welcome to Health Care Magic

Often, one need not do anything. Rest the part. Observe.
The bruise sometimes appears a bit later. Pressure of the stocking and aspirin could have added.
If it becomes bigger or painful, see you doctor - else time and rest will heal

Take care
Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck
Answered: Thu, 1 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor