Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
171 Doctors are Online

73 year old with broken tibia and fibula. Has peripheral neuropathy. Severe pain. Need surgery?

My mom is 73...She broke her fib & tib the day after Thanksgiving last year. She has peripheral neuropathy. Her leg is not healing. They gave her a stimulator to wrap her leg but it seems it is getting worse. Its like the pain swithed sides now that she is using this stimulator. I am worried she will have to get another surgery...or something even worse.
Asked On : Sat, 6 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  63
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Good morning sir/mam. i think ur mom needs a surgery. what procedure depends on duration and type on nonunion. it is a easy procedure which gives a better result. surgery could be fixation intramedullary or locking plates mippo. sometimes bone grafting should also be done. if she isnt fit for surgery rhan we think other alternative. dont worry she get well soon. thank u
Answered: Fri, 5 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor