Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
129 Doctors are Online

72 year old having sore ribs due to a fall. Need treatment?

Yesterday I locked my self out of my self out of my house. I then attempted entry through my kitchen window, the step ladder Slipped and all my body weight came to bare on my lower 3 ribs. Today they are pretty sore from the trauma but not disabling, do you think this pain will subside on a couple of days I am 72 year old male.
Asked On : Sun, 9 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  14
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response
I don't think there should be any problem in it.Had there been fracture,you would have been having much more disabling symptoms.
Just take ibuprofen 600 mg three times a day for 5 to 6 days and apply some local heat.
You should be all right in a weeks time.
In case you don't find improvement or your pain gets aggravated,you must get an x- ray done and consult an orthopedician.
Answered: Sun, 9 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor