Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

70 yrs old has severe shivering along with some other symptoms. how we can help when it occurs ?

hi. My dad is in his 70s. Lately he has been getting recurrent urinary infections and we don t know why. On top of that now he has some infections in his mouth, and a couple of holes around the teeth. His left side mouth is swollen. Along with these situations comes something very odd and worrisome. He has these severe shivering spells that last about an hour and nothing we do helps to get him warmed up. After awhile he sweats it out like a normal fever but the shivering is more severe than normal. He has been on antibiotics for awhile but as soon as he goes off everything starts again. any ideas of what this is and how we can help when it occurs ? thanks
Asked On : Thu, 24 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  158
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
Please consult urologist and get these tests done Heametology,Biochemistry CUE,Urine analysis and U/s abdomen
Answered: Thu, 24 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
OBGYN Dr. Rakhi Tayal's  Response
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic forum.
Your father is having multiple infections in his body. These infections are causing him fever with chills and rigor. Check his blood sugar levels for diabetes. He needs good antibiotics after culture and sensitivity testing to deal with these recurrent infections.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal
Answered: Thu, 24 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor