Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
192 Doctors are Online

7 year old having pain while urination. Tight foreskin. Need circumcision?

My son has not been circumcised, he is 7 years old. Over the last 2 weeks he has been having a lot of pain/discomfort when urinating. It seems as though he can only pull back his foreskin comfortably halfway and then there is a very small pinhole for urine to escape out of. When urinating if i don t help him his foreskin seems to balloon up then the urine come spraying out like a fire hose. He is going back to school in a little over a week and he s needing my help to urinate and i don t know what to do.
Asked On : Fri, 31 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  56
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
General & Family Physician 's  Response

Welcome to HealthCareMagic,

As you are not able to retract fore skin of of your completely and a pin hole only appears after possible retraction, your son seems to be suffering with Phimosis. He might have developed infecyion also due to collection of smegma.

Circumcision is best possible treatment. It is a simple surgery. you should consult a general Surgeon for examination and treatment.

Hope you found my response to your query informative and helpful.

With good wishes,

Dr.Chandra Shekhar Sharma
Answered: Fri, 31 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor