Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
163 Doctors are Online

7 year old have a lump under the chin which bruises on pressing. No injury. Should I be concerned?

Hi, my 7 year old daughter has a lump under her chin that bruises if she plays with it (presses it). She had it last year and it went away after a week or so and yesterday l noticed a tiny bruise appeared again and within 1 day it is 5 times bigger. (the bruising not the lump). she has assured me that she has not bumped it and that it does not hurt but l am a little concerned and have an appt to see a doc but not for 2 more days..
Asked On : Sat, 7 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  97
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
A lump under the chin with superficial bruising may be due to a hematoma or a swollen lymph node. Appearance of bruise is worrisome and needs blood investigations to rule out any bleeding disorder.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 7 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor