Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
133 Doctors are Online

7 months baby boy suffering from loose motion

My 7 months baby boy is suffering from loose motions (more than 10 times a day) since last 2 weeks. I have consulted to Doctors but he is not yet recovered. They are giving him Basigyl N and Dolopar 125 Suspension. Kindly suggest me some effective medicines/syrups and how to cure him.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  7 Views:  969
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Helo frst u maintain baby rehydration through ors every hrly, u give it.....and next I m agree with dr sabyasachi madam , u check it sum time milk create chronic diarohea, so check it and consult neare padeatrician.. Thank u
Answered: Fri, 29 Jul 2011
  User's Response
is the baby on mother's milk or external milk? if on mother's milk, is mother suffering too? if on outside milk , the baby might have devloped intolerance try to give him pre-digested milk powders but after consutation with attending paeditrician
Answered: Wed, 6 Apr 2011
  User's Response

It is best to avoid bottle feeds during diarrhoea. Include home-made fresh curds in your baby's diet. Give plenty of fluids to replenish the fluid loss. If your baby passes 20 ml stool, feed him 40 ml ORS solution, or juice, or soup, or thin dal soup, rice gruel etc.

If your baby seems dull, listless, drowsy, tired, with skin showing loss of elasticity and sagging, immediately take him to the hospital.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Vibin K V's  Response
hi welcome to Health Care Magic,
please take your child to a good hospital. he needs a complete eveluation. he has persistent diarrhea which is not common. so you might need to get him admitted & get him treated. stop treating him at home. tkcr
Answered: Fri, 5 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Give some details about diarrhoea and associated symptoms. loose motions since 2 weeks that means it might be persistent diarrhoea.some common causes for PD should be ruled out first like persistent infection,malabsorbtion. stool routine,microscopy & culture should be done.asses the baby for dehydration.continue breast feeding stop bottle feeding ,WHO ORS should be given. syp. Emzinc,syp vit.A 1Lakh IU orally should be given.continue complimentary diet.if possible screen for UTI.
Answered: Thu, 4 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Pediatrician Dr. Tejas Thar's  Response
first of all provide all these details
whether it is watery/semisolid/bloody that is important .
if it is associated with fever, vomiting,and other systemic sign.
and is there dehydration associated with it or not.

just maintain hydaration by giving low osmolarity ORS. CHECK adequancy of urine output. and do the CBC, STOOL ROUTINE LAB TEST
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases Dr. Hema Yadav's  Response
Sorry cudnt answer earlier.
Diarrhoea in a 7 mth old has to b investigated by stool routine n culture n antibiotics acc to culture report.Plz consult pediatrician.for resistant infant diarrhoea i wud suggest Colistin syp thrice thrice a day dose wil depend upon wt.also to prevent dehydration is v imp by freq breastfeeding n Who ORS solution.also becozinc syp is adviced for replenishing vitamins n zinc.
Answered: Sat, 30 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor