Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

65 years old getting BP fluctuation with lower pulse rate. Looking for advice

My mother is 65 years old and used to have relatively normal to lower BP of 115/65. In the recent months she has been experiencing higher BP in the range of 150/95 which settles down to 125/70. In the last couple of weeks there has been a few incidents of her BP being normal with lower Pulse of around 45. I ve advised her to see a Cardiologist at the earliest for a diagnosis and starting a treatment. In the meantime, I would like to hear from you your opinion and advise.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Mushkar
Thank you for getting in touch with us. As I see, your mother is suffering from labile BP in which there is variation in BP. You should get in touch with a Cardiologist or Internal Medicine specialist and monitor her BP on regular basis. It would have been better if you would have told us about her past medical history. The Doctor will perform a complete check up to find out the exact cause of bradycardia (decrease in pulse). Hope this helped
Dr. Gagandeep Dhillon
Answered: Wed, 5 Dec 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor