Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

64 years old suffering from fatty lever.sgpt is 289 and sugar is 168. Is it normal ?

my mother 64 Yr. old she is lever are fatty & sgpt are 289 increse sugar are 168 & 289 how sugar & sgpt are normal
Asked On : Thu, 2 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  134
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for your query.
fatty liver and diabetes are both chronic problems and they do need a long term treatment to reduce the symptoms. there is no permanent cure available for it.You will have to consult her physician to work out an individualized treatment schedule for her.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available if you have any further queries.

Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Shainaz Arif Kaware's  Response
Hello ;
welcome to HealthcareMagic
Fatty liver if asymptomatic is not a problem but if the SGPT or any liver enzyme is increased then there is a active problem going on so she needs to get treated for it.As for the sugar of 168 and 289 it is also high and it suggests that your mother is a diabetic.The best thing you can do for your mother is that get her to be examined by a doctor/Physician .He/she will examine her and start medicines for diabetes so that the blood sugar is controlled and even the liver function is restored.
Answered: Thu, 2 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor