Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
147 Doctors are Online

64 years old , passes stool every half hour. Had surgery for Colorectal cancer. Related?

Just 6 months ago my father(64 years old) had an surgery of colo rectal cancer and he had gone through both chemotharapy and radiation after surgery. But after surgery also he frequently passes stool after every half an hour. Please suggest what kind food he can have and will he be as normal as before or he will suffer from frequenty passing stool for whole life.
Asked On : Thu, 21 Mar 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  18
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Oncologist, Radiation 's  Response
Hi there,
The frequency and consistency of the stool will not be same as for normal people since the lower part of intestine/ rectum has been bypassed. Take help of stoma nurse or stoma society in your area. Follow precautions like emptying bag when one third full (stool/urine/gas). Take well balanced diet and plenty of water. Regards
Answered: Fri, 21 Jun 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor