Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
191 Doctors are Online

63yrs old, Have cough and burning sensation in chest. Taken Nyquil and Delsym. How do I reduce cough?

I have had a cough for over a week that is intense and causes me to feel like i cannot catch my breath. It keeps me up all night. The phlegm seems like it is from sinus but i have taken nyquil , delsym and pseudaphed. But not at the same time however with no relief. Now my lungs have a burning sesation in chest and back when i cough I have never smoked. Now my head is hurting badly and i am tired. I am 63 and i have high blood pressure so i know the cough syrup is not good for me but i cannot stop coughing. Had a fever but do not have one now.
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
i had gone through your query and understand your concerns. i would come up with the possibility of ALLERGY may be the underlying cause for your sufferings.

-The body’s defense mechanism, the immune system, reacts to the allergen as if it were a dangerous organism, in trying to neutralize the antigen, the body releases histamine, which produces the allergy symptoms

without treating the allergy your cough cant be cured.

treatment option;

i advise you taking Homeopathic medicines gives safe and permanent cure for your complaints

Homeopathic medicines work by optimizing the overactive immune system. Homeopathic medicines provide a stimulus (in a highly diluted form) to the body like that of the trigger or allergen leading to the gradual desensitization of the immune system. Homeopathic medicines used for treating allergies mainly come from the plants or substances that in their raw form are usually responsible for causing allergy-like symptoms.

consult your local homeopathic physician for correct diagnosis of the case and remedy to fit your complaints
I hope this is helpful for you, thank you          

Answered: Tue, 8 Oct 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor