Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

63 years suffering from malabsorption of fat. Should I seek any treatment ?

I am 63 year old man. I am fed up with malabsorbtion of fat. I am not able to eat anything prepared using oil. Eventhough my height is 173 cms, my weight is restricted at 50 KGs, since 40years. The doctors whom I approached, advised me not worry but to feel happy that the unnecessary fat is discharged voluntarily, without getting accumulated in the body. What is your opinion? Should I seek any treatment/medication, now, orkeep quite? Please advise.
Asked On : Sat, 5 Feb 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  139
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Varier,

Welcome to HCM.
You have reached the age of 63 without any problem caused by malabsorption of fat, then what is there to worry about?.
The doctors have rightly advised you not to worry about it. Most of the present day diseases are directly related to excessive fat intake. You should certainly consider yourself lucky that nature is taking care of you.
As long as you are otherwise healthy, don't let weight and build bother you.
Wish you all the best.
Answered: Mon, 15 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor