Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
175 Doctors are Online

60 years old. Facing problem with focusing. Suggest some medication to improve the problem?

Hello, I am a young, active 60 year old woman. I have no health problems and I stay at a normal weight of 122 lbs (5 5 ). I am starting to have a problem with focusing and retaining information and I m still working in an administrative position. Is there a known to work vitamin I could take that will improve my problem? I d rather take a vitamin than a prescription so I m hoping you have the miracle cure. Thanks so much, Judy :)
Asked On : Wed, 20 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  19
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Psychiatrist 's  Response
Jun 2013
Hi there ~

Great to hear that you are working actively at your age Judy ! There is unfortunately no vitamin that will make you improve your problem with focusing and retaining information. You may have to consult a neuropsychiatrist for mild cognitive impairment. However you might want to try the over the counter multivitamins while you wait for an appointment with the doctor who will run some imaging studies and lab tests and prescribe memantine and/or donepezil. I hope this helps.

Take care and have a lovely day !
Answered: Wed, 20 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor