Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

60 years, has SN hearing loss. Asked to take steroid and Nootropil. Advice?

Hello, My mother (age 60) has been diagnosed with SN Hearing Loss . The problem started a week back. She went to ENT specialist today, and has been prescribed some steroid and Nootropil for 14 days. She is asked to start her medication as soon as possible. Although she started steroid, we are little concerned about the other medicine: Nootropil.
Asked On : Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  41
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
  User's Response
Hi ,Thanks for your query ,
The Inner ear contains glucocrticoids and mineralocoticoid receptors and steriods have been shown to decrease inlammation associted with labyrinthitis enhance cochlear blood flow..
to more details contact ENT Doctor.

Answered: Wed, 27 Feb 2013
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor