Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
143 Doctors are Online

6 year old having pain in the ear after swimming sessions. Can I give recofast syrup? Need ear drops

My 6 yr old son has ear ache in his left ear. it s probably swimmer s ear as we re all swimming everyday. I have put candibiotic ear drops as I have nothing else at this time of the night. Is recofast syrup also for this as I remember giving it to my 3yr old daughter during an ear infection which she is very prone to? can I give him anything else? should we all use ear plugs while swimming? pls suggest medicines/ear drops.
Asked On : Wed, 1 Aug 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  123
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, Anju,
Thanks for query.
Ear infection is common in regular swimmers due to infection in the water.
At present for pain you can give can give paractamol or brufen syrup or tablet or combination of both.
He may require antibiotic treatment after consulting your doctor if he thinks it is needed.
You can use ear plugs regularly to prevent water going inside.
Ok and bye.
Answered: Wed, 1 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor