Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

56yr old. Got periods after two years. Blood tests normal. On detox eating program. Matter of concern?

I just got my period after not having one for 2 years. I m 56. My doctor ordered blood work and everything came back normal. Period is normal not like just before it left when I was flooding. Should I be concerned unless it last more than 7 days. I should tell you that I just lost 40 lbs and have been eating clean and healthy for the last 6 months. I m 1/2 way through a doctor approved detox eating program (21 days).
Asked On : Mon, 4 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Normally post menopausal bleeding (vaginal bleeding after history of menopause) can be concerning.
Investigations are usually conducted to determine the cause, you've had normal blood tests, this is good.
Additional tests would be an endometrial biopsy which would take a look at the endometrial lining (the lining of the womb). An ultrasound may also be indicated.
The bleeding may be secondary to a non cancerous growth or thinning of the endometrium but these tests have to be done to rule out the more dangerous potential causes.

You should consider visiting your gynaecologist for an evaluation.

I hope this helps
Answered: Mon, 4 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

3 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor