Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
168 Doctors are Online

56 yrs female is suffering with both knee pains. Is it related to osteoarthritis ?

Hi, my mother aged 56 yrs is suffering with both knee pains , doctor say its an age related process called osteoarthritis and advised shelcal daily once and painkillers to use as required ,she has high BP since 7 yrs ,in avg control using aten50 mg once daily,plz can we start her homeopathy medicines and will she be better with it,plz reply thanking you sir
Asked On : Tue, 24 May 2011
Answers:  5 Views:  177
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Homeopath 's  Response
Please start taking homeopathic treatment, you can get the results surely.

Its safe & also take advice from any physiotherapist for external application & massage for reducing pain.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Physical Therapist or Physiotherapist Suhani Sethi's  Response
hi, thanks for your query.
you can try out physiotherapy 10 day course.
hot water fomentation to knee twice a day will be helpful.
avoid sitting on the floor, cross leg sitting if pain is intense.
ask your physio to show you static quads and hams exercises. these exercises strengthen the muscles around the knee and are very helpful.
she can try out knee brace while walking.
reduce weight if she is obese.
try these and let me know if it was helpful.
regards, Dr Suhani
Answered: Fri, 27 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Homeopath Dr. Sayed Irfan's  Response
welcome to the healthcare magic,defenately osteoarthritis is an age related process and causes much pain and restricted mobility of knees with swelling ,is she overweight,which will have again a bad impact on the affected knees ,you should continue giving shelcal along with aglass of milk without cream daily,dont let her sit on the floor ,ask her to use chair.

you can start homeo medicines ,it will have a better results and causing no e\extra harm to the body
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Pradyumna Shiwan's  Response
Hello !
Dear I appreciate your concern for your mother ,surely homoeopathic medicines can improve your mother's condition and ease her pain ,though with the information provided by you is not enough to suggest any medicine for your mother , to get cured you should take her to a good homoeopath , the homoeopath will surely help by selecting a suitable remedy for your mother .
take care have homoeopathic medicine stay healthy .
Answered: Fri, 27 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
In Ayurveda we offer external and internal treatment. Externally ekang dhara with vish garbh or mahanarayan tail slightly heated is offered or janu vasti is opted for. Internally guggul compounds give good relief.
Answered: Tue, 24 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor