Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
173 Doctors are Online

55 years old female has some problem with indigestion & flatulence issues . Who had taken chemotherapy for Ovarian Cancer

Good Morning. I am a 55 year old female who was diagnosed in 2008 with Stage 1C ovarian cancer. After surgery, I responded well to 6 rounds of Taxol & Carboplatin chemotherapy . I am now seeing my oncologist every 6 months. For the past three or so months I have felt generally unwell with some indigestion & flatulence issues. I missed a lot of my symptoms prior to my diagnosis in 2008 so am likely a tad hyperfocussed now. My oncologist does not automatically do a CA125 so that has not been done. Also I am asking for a CAT scan but he is so reluctant to order one for me. I ended up spending and hour and a half at my last appointment trying to convince him of MY need to know. He tells me if my cancer is back then I am considered terminal which means the chemotherapy did not work. I want to find out that the CAT scan is clear but if it is not then I would deal with that - at least it would be better than me being up in the air and not knowing. He does not think it a good idea. He has a very controlling personality - so do I so we do butt heads. I like him, so I am not out to make a fuss, but the way I feel, is it is my body and I have a need to know. Please, I would appreciate a little advice. Thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 25 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  245
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
General & Family Physician 's  Response

If your oncologist does not think it is necessary to get a CA125 or a CAT scan done then don't worry too much.

If you are not satisfied with the opinion of your oncologist, you can consider getting a second opinion from another oncologist.

Healthcaremagic gives you the option to consult a specialist online. You can choose an oncologist from the panel of doctors at the following link
Answered: Mon, 25 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor