Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
200 Doctors are Online

55 year old female suffering from ulcer ?

hi, my grandmother is sufferin from ulser. she is 55 years old. she have been suffering a pain in her abdoment scince 2 weeks. everyone is worried. is there any suggestion from your side that may help us:(
Asked On : Sun, 27 Mar 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
ulcer in the past was very big problem as is always to be operated, but now fortunately research of third generation ranitidin, operation is long course of these medicine will cure consult gastroenterologist and take his opinion
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
OBGYN Dr. Rhea Chanda's  Response
Ulcer in the stomach can be dangerous if its perforates.You need to take her to see a doctor so that prescription medicines can be given to her.Avoid painkillers,caffeine,alcohol,spicy,oily food.She needs a bland diet.Start tablet omeprazole/pantoprezole before meals.If the pain is severe and doesnt respond to medicines,she may need an endoscopy to determine site and severity of the ulcer.
Answered: Sun, 27 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor