Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
150 Doctors are Online

52 year old, heavy and irregular bleeding, advised to get womb removed, on medicines, hypertensive. Situation improved?

Hi Dr I am 52 years old. I got heavy bleeding 2 months continuously in 2011 October & November. I consulted a Gynaecologist. Ultrasound scan report was bulky uterus with 2 fibroids (3.3 x 2.7cm) and told me to remove the womb. For a second openion I went to another Dr. She did D & C and Histopathology report was MACROSCOPY : Moderate MICROSCOPY : Some of the endometrial glands are small and round,a few appear elongated and the others are large and cystic. There is no nuclear atypia and no evidence of a malignancy . The stroma is loose and vascular . The appearance is that of a cystic glandular simple) hyperplasia of the endometrium. She gave me ponston and iron tablets. Bleeding stopped. After 6 months again I got my periods (may 2012) and was bleeding regular for a week. Then started heavy bleeding again for one month. Then I went to a Gyn for third openion. His ultrasound report also the same. He also wanted me to remove the womb. But he gave me deviry 10mg 60 tablets,Transomin250mg 10 meftal50mg 10 and folic acid tabs 30. I am taking those tabs from 16th June 2012. today I got little bleeding and stopped. Still taking the tablets. If I finish taking these tablets will I get perods again or permanently stop. I got hypertension also. Waiting for your advise please. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 10 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  44
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Hello madam,I understand your concern.In my opinion,you may or may not get the periods.But if u get any heavy or continous bleeding this time better go for surgery.Because fibroids may be the cause for your bleeding.These are seen in many women and nothing to worry.Usually menopause occurs between 47 yrs to 52 yrs of age.It may be prolonged in some healthy women physiologically or due to some conditions like fibroids pathologically . And your hypertension will not affect the condition. Hope this satisfies your query.
Thanks for using HCM.
Feel free to ask any more questions that you may have.
Dr Srilatha
Consultant Obstetrician and Gynecologist
Answered: Mon, 9 Jun 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor