Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

5 yr old, overweight. Blood test done. What does report indicate? How to control?

A 5 year old child weight 28 kg has following findings in the blood test for his overweight: HbA1c test: 5.1%, Fasting Plasma Glucose 112 mg%, Liver SGPT 23 U/L, SGOT 47 U/L, serum alkaline phosphatase 353 U/L,; TSH 2.25, T4 9.2, T3 1.86, HGB 13.4 g/dl,HCT 38.1%, MCV 76.2 fL, MCH 26.8 pg, MCHC 35.2 g/dl; ; serum total cholestrol 163 mg%,HDL 56 mg%, LDL 94 mg%, triglycerides 62 mg%. a high plasma glucose, high SGOT, high T3 and HDL near 56. Does it provide any indication of overweight and disease? should i take care of his diet such as less fast food, less sugar. He is active and plays well. sometime while sleeping he complains of leg pain. can you suggest something about this blood report findings and overweight?
Asked On : Thu, 21 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  23
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Pediatrician 's  Response

Hi ,
Thank you for your query.
Do not panic.
All the reports are normal.
You need to consult a dietician and give him a balanced diet.
Put him on regular exercise like swimming or cycling.
Avoid high calorie and junk food.
Consult your doctor if the problem persists.
If you have any further queries you are free to consult me.
Hope this answers your query.
Wishing a speedy recovery.
Have a nice day.
Answered: Fri, 22 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

2 Doctors agree with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor