Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
188 Doctors are Online

5 year old with pus cells in urine. Ultrasound showing stone in the kidney. Need treatment?

Dr. good mrng, My child age 5 yrs and three months have 75-80 pus cells in his urin today we have medical report, but he absolutly fine, we had ultra sount he has 19 mm stone in his right kidney , we started homeopathy treatment for this near about 15 days back, in between we had checked it was 25 to 30 which were less than 35-40 when we examined in start i.e. 15 days back. Now he is absolutly fine and healthy. what it means, iam worried about it, is it clearing the kidney passes and will become normal or what we should do next, please tell me. Regards Harpreet Singh
Asked On : Mon, 6 Aug 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  84
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Urologist 's  Response
hi harpreet, your son is having a large kidney stone, which is causing pus cells in urine. Pus cells can be due to infection or just rubbing of stone against kidney wall. however, such large stones need to be treated. only uric acid stones can be dissolved with medicines (that change urine pH). smaller stones <6 mm can be pushed out by medical treatment, rest all stones need some form of surgery or lithotripsy. I suggest u see a urologist who will advice some Xrays or CT scan and further treatment will be decided based on the reports. Once the stone has been treated, do get a complete stone metabolic workup of your son to decrease chances of recurrent stone. good luck.
Answered: Sat, 11 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Ayurveda Specialist Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul's  Response
Dear Harpreet ji,
It is quite common with renal calculus. Homeo and ayurveda both offer excellent cure in such cases. Abide by the advice of the attending doctor and there will be no complication as the baby is responding to the treatment.
Answered: Mon, 6 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Urologist Dr. Pramod B Ramamurthy's  Response
advised stone removal by mini-perc ( small key hole )
Answered: Thu, 9 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor