Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

5 year child having pain in penis. A&D ointment cures for few minutes. Looking for alternate solution

My 5 year old son had excruciating pain in his penis after he has been swimming to the point that we need to leave the pool and he is screaming in pain. We have been to a urologist which suggested a & D annointment on his penis to create a barrier, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn t. We have an appointment to get a second opinion. I am very concerned an am looking for any answers/solutions.
Asked On : Tue, 26 Jun 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  70
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
  User's Response
Thank for asking to HCM
I really appreciate your concern for the boy the chances of phimosis is very likely and this need to be ruled out, second is irritation of smegma, in either condition circumcision need to be done, look for the injury if any, in short clinical condition need to be examine in such cases, hope this information helps you, take care and have a nice day.
Answered: Wed, 21 May 2014
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor