5 months old suffering from bad cough and it is worse at night

MY 5 MONTH OLD SON HAS HAD BAD COUGHING FITS & SCREAMS IN THE NIGHT FOR PAST FOUR MONTHS AFTER HAVING A BAD COLD! Hi, my son is 5 months old, he had a bad cold at only four weeks old , caught from siblings, my four year old daughter had scarlet fever just after this. For the past four months my baby still has bad coughing fits and screams during the night mostly, he is not a very happy chilled baby compared to my older two children and even though its mostly during the evening he wakes constantly coughing, eyes are bulging, now and again a little froth at mouth and he will stop after a long periods of time coughing and scream like he is in pain, then again the coughing fits start again once he has had a few breaths, he has always been wheezy. It sounds like something is blocking his airways all the time and he tries to clear it however its been going on for four months now and I really need help as Its mostly during the night I worry a doctor is going to look at him during the day and say he is fine! help
Sat, 23 Apr 2011