5 months old pregnant suffering from alot of mucus build up in throat after eating. What could be causing this ?

ever since I was pregnant it seems after eating meat, or anything that has the slightest bit of grease i get alot of mucus build up in my throat and i have to constantly keep swallowing the mucus or hack it up. it s to the point that my uvula (spelling) is sticking to the back of my throat. I have felt like i was swallowing it. What could be causing this and why hasn t it gone away after my pregnancy? My child is 5 months old now. I haven t had any health issues before now. I am 25 yrs old and I weigh 179 pounds (athletic build). Please help
Fri, 13 May 2011
's  Response
hi,
welcome to the health care magic forum,pregnancy doesn't have any role with your recurrent throat infections,it seems you had some serious chronic throat infection i.e chronic inflammation and since your immunity might have decreased after the delivery you are getting recurrent mucus in the throat ,its better to have a visit to a ENT specialist and for the symptomatic relief you may repeat saline gargles 2-3 times a day if you have a bad throat.

take care,get well soon !
ENT Specialist Dr. Puneet Maheshwari's  Response

WELCOME TO HEALTH CARE MAGIC,

First of all I want to emphasize that there is no direct corelation b/w pregnancy and your condition.

Take this regimn

Tab alaspan AM 1 tab HS.

betakid gargles diluted with water.

And get a Xray PNS done.

Consult some ENT SURGEON WITH THESE REPORTS.

REGARDS,

PM/.