Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
158 Doctors are Online

48 days old baby. Sound from nose, coughing. Used nasal saline drops. Should I consult doctor?

Hello Doctor, my son is 48 days old baby. When he breaths I could hear a sound from his nose . Also he coughs 5 to 6 times a day.But he feeds nicely,no vomiting and active too. Around 3rd week of his birth I used nasal saline drops for him. Is it advisable to use the same drops now or should i take him to a paediatrician. Thanking you,
Asked On : Thu, 29 Nov 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  61
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Feb 2013
Nose block is common in infants because of their small nasal way. If it is significant and causing discomfort and difficulty in taking feeds you can put nasal saline drops(better to take new nasal saline drops) in to nostrils as and when required. If nose block is there kids feel difficulty in taking feeds as they are obligate nose breathers so nostrils should be cleaned and block should be relieved before feeding. Occasional cough is no problem but if it is there through out the day consult your pediatritian
Answered: Thu, 29 Nov 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor