Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
196 Doctors are Online

47 years old with cholesterol is 225 and tigliceryde is 192. What medication should be taken to control cholesterol ?

i m 47 years old my cholesterol is 225 and tigliceryde is 192. my HDL and LDL are normal. what should i do about it.
Asked On : Mon, 16 May 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  264
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
  User's Response
welcome to the health care magic forum,you havent mentioned about your weight?
any ways since your cholesterol is 225 it should get below 200 ,and if you have diabetes or hypertension then its not good ,adjustment in the life style and some precautions can help u in a better way !
1.Follow regular exercise,walk atleast 40 mins daily.
2.avoid smoking ,if u do so .
3.avoid eating non-veg,fried food-stuffs.
4.last but not the least ,avoid stress.
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
Pediatrician Dr. Suryakanta Baraha's  Response
hello rima,
normal triglyceride level is Less than 150 mg/dL.cholesterol level should be below you are in borderline .you cn reduce them by regular excercise and diet modification. avoid saturated fat like ghee, palm oin,vanaspati. take sunflower oil.take food 2 hr before sleep in night.take lot of fruits and green leafy veg and whole grain.avoid stress and take adequate sleep.pranayam and yoga are also helpful.
hope this information is helpful. take care.
Answered: Mon, 16 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor