Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

4.5mths old, insufficient breastfeed. Wakes up every two hours. Give semi solid food?

Hi, My son is 4.5 months old.. He was exclusively on brestfeed. But for the past couple of days I feel he doesn t feel satisfied after my feed and turns up sign after one hour also at night he gets up after every two hours. I was thinking if I should start giving him semi solid food. Can I start with farex or cerelac rice cereal.. Also how should I give him ; in bottle or with spoon.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Feb 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  43
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
Thanks for your query,
It is very good that you have done exclusive breast feeding till now.
Complementary feeding is to be started after 6 months of age,so i suggest you to continue with your feeding till then
You should take plenty of fluids,fruit juices,milk,nuts and good nutritious diet so that milk production increases.
Early introduction of semisolids lead to colic,flatulence and other problems .

Wishing your baby good health.
God bless.
Answered: Tue, 5 Feb 2013
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor