Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

43 years old suffering from jaw lock. Can gum/teeth problem be a reason ?

hello i am 43 yrs old,female and i feel pain in my right jew for the past yrs.I have with fears because i can t open my mouth widely.And i am also consult a dentist about this and they said maybe it is due to gums or teeth problem.But i want to assure.Is it true that it is due to a gums/teeth problem?I can t take any dental procedure because i was afraid of getting lock jew when i open my mouth widely.Thank you hope you advise me for this.
Asked On : Tue, 5 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  109
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Dentist 's  Response
jaw locking can be habit or occasional .Prevention of jaw locking problem is to be on soft diet and not to open mouth too widely and not to ywan with wide mouth . For treatment you have to take radiograph with TMj view to see any problem in joint? I advise to take a radiograph and consult with your dentist.
Answered: Tue, 5 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor