Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
165 Doctors are Online

43 years old, diabetic. Sugar test done, high sugar, abnormal platelet count. Which specialist do we see?

Dear sir/Mam. My wife aged 43 years old. She is a diabetic The blood report reveals the following. Fasting . 239/mg/dl Post prandial 2 hrs. 294/mg/dl HBA1C. 8.9 LDL . 110. Mg/dl Serum HDL cholesterol 38 mg/dl Platelet count. 0000/cmm PCV 34.9. All other vales are within normal range I am worried about the platelet count. Whether it will have any serious problem. Or we can control this platelet count to normal. Secondly. To which specialist we have to refer this problem in XXXXX. Can any doctors assist in giving their valuable guidance. Good day. And. Best Regards
Asked On : Fri, 4 May 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Diabetologist 's  Response
Go for repeat pl.count from another lab as u give value only 0000 /cm
Answered: Fri, 4 May 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor