Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
130 Doctors are Online

42 year old, want to increase height. What should be done?

Sir, Im 42 year old (DOB: 1st March,1969), I look younger to my age, got married at 38 and have lovely, beautiful 2 children age group of 4 and 6 years old. My dream is to increase my height. My husband is 5 9 and my height is just 5 . can my height increase to 5 2 to 5 3 . im not too greedy. pls. pls and pls. advice me and suggest me what to do. my email. : YYYY@YYYY or YYYY@YYYY my contact no: 0000 Thank you, Hemalatha 0000
Asked On : Wed, 24 Oct 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  79
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello Hemalatha and thanks for the query
It is really impossible by medication to increase height at the age of 42. The process of bone ossification completed at 25 year of age and after that height cannot be increased.
The surgery of increasing the lower limb length by a qualified ortho surgeon can help you in increasing your height by 3-5 inches. Consult your orthopedic surgeon for that if you want to go for the surgery.
Hope I have answered your query.
Best Wishes
Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response

Welcome to HCM.

It is nearly impossible to increase the height after this age.
But unfortunately, height can decrease after the age of 40 yrs, due to bone loss and vertebral disc compression. Are you aware of this?
To prevent this to some extent, get hormone replacement treatment soon after the menopause.
Having said that, You can APPEAR TALLER by following simple methods like erect posture, high heel shoes etc.
Being healthy is more important in my opinion.

Answered: Wed, 24 Oct 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor