Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

40 years old, trying to conceive, unsuccessful. Due to fallopian tube blockage?

I am 40 years old. I have tried to have a baby for the last year and no luck. I asked my Doctor could my tubes be blocked and also asked if I could have the test to show if it is or not. He did not act concerned at all and totally ignored my question. He went on to say everything looked good and I should go ahead and get started because time was running out. I could not believe what I was hearing . I feel comfortable with my Doctor but hes not listening to me. Time is running out do you think I should insist on having the test or locate another Doctor?
Asked On : Fri, 27 Jul 2012
Answers:  3 Views:  129
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Diabetologist 's  Response
hi ,thanks for choosing hcm
taking your age into consideration your doctor should act fast,without wasting much time
you may need hormonal medication assisting your pregnancy
did you get all the hormonal assays done?
thyroid,fsh,lh levels etc
do not waste time
get hsg done ,which gives information regarding tubal blockage
so if he is not listening to you
better to go for a second opinion to another doctor
for best result both you and your husband need to undergo certain tests
all the best
dont panic
feel frank to contact me for further queries
thank you
Answered: Fri, 27 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Muhammad Akbar's  Response
dear patient
want to answer

i think you should consult with another consultant
and you should also test again in mid of cycle/15th day after the menstruation

wish you good health

best regards
dr muhammad akbar
Answered: Sat, 28 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. Muhammad Akbar's  Response
Hello dear patient
Going to help you
That you should take another expert openion from another gynacologist
Because every doctor has got its different experiece
So you should go for it

Take care

Drmuhammad akbar
Answered: Fri, 27 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor