Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

40 years old, chronic headaches, memory loss, speech problems, numbness in left arm, leg. CT scan shows bilateral basal ganglia calcification. Cause of worry?

hello dr! XXXXXX here,m 40 yrs old m suffering from headache from past 15 yrs last month i went 2 doctor he advised me to go for ct scan .result was bilateral basal ganglia calcification , it a serious desease??? memory loss nd problem in speaking probs are also there.sometime i also feel numbness in my left arm and left leg.what to do? doctor is saying that its a normal calcium deposits, nothing else.plz guide me
Asked On : Fri, 13 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  141
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi Suman,

Basal Ganglia calcification in a adult is usually idiopathic (without any cause) only one cause hyperparathyroidism needs to be excluded. You do not have clinical features to suspect that. In my opinion after going through you mail it appears that you are under some kind of stress and all the symptoms including headache are due to this. I would not worry about basal ganglion calcification if clinically doctor has found me normal. You can ask question to a general physician or expert in healthcaremagic for detailed answer.

With best regards.

With Best Wishes
Dr Anil Grover,
M.B.;B.S, M.D. (Internal Medicine) D.M.(Cardiology)
Answered: Sat, 14 Jul 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor