Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
189 Doctors are Online

4 years with friction burn on penis shaft: permanent or not?

4 years with friction burn on penis shaft: permanent or not? Hi everyone. I am currently 17 years old and I started masturbating in the prone position (lying face down, rubbing penis against rough surfaces like couch fabric, bed fabric, etc) 4 years ago (in August of 2006) when I was 13 years old. I ve been doing it daily ever since. But over time, I noticed that I developed a sort of friction burn both on the shaft of my penis and on the foreskin (I m not circumcised). It is light red, and it runs the entire length of the shaft from where the head of the penis begins (on the foreskin) to where the scrotum begins. It starts off very thin on the foreskin (with a width of about 0.5 cm, or 5 mm), and gets wider as it nears the scrotum. It reaches its maximum width near the scrotum (where it is about 2.4 cm, or 24 mm wide). I know this CAN T be an infection for the following reasons: - It doesn t hurt to urinate. - It doesn t hurt to retract the foreskin. - The affected area does not hurt and does not itch. I ve been to many doctors over the past 4 years and they ve all said that it s nothing serious, and they ve all prescribed the same things to me (either Vaseline or hydrocortisone cream). But obviously neither of these things have worked beacuse the friction burn has NEVER healed. Even though the friction burn doesn t cause me any physical discomfort whatsoever, it is really BOTHERING ME MENTALLY. I mean, it s been FOUR years and it hasn t gone away. So I d like you guys to tell me if you think this is PERMANENT SKIN DAMAGE (from excessive prone masturbation), or if you think there is still a chance that this could be healed. Are there any other STRONG products that I can use for this friction burn to completely heal once and for all?
Asked On : Tue, 21 Dec 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  1054
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
  User's Response
Sheathunderwear can help in all areas related to the shaft or balls. To further answer your question I used to do the same thing, just not on the couch. I think type of excessive masterbating will cause this type of skin reaction which will subside if you allow your skin enough time to heal. Sheathunderwear will help with the discomfort while you heal but you are just going to have to control yourself for about a week or so. If you need to relax, take a hot bath, breathe as much air in as you can and the exhale all air in your lungs like when you are laughing uncontrollably, Then repeat breathing at least ten times. Stretch your body as well while you breath and drink a full or two full glasses of water during this. This will also help with your skin irritation. When you are done bathing, then rinse off in the shower and clean any infected areas again and rinse again. Repeat this process for a week and see how your skin rejuvenates itself. It may take a little more than a week but not over three months, because your skin is constantly dying and falling off of your body but also continuously reproducing itself. If you have netflix. Watch the incredible human body docementary by nat geo and you will see what remarkable healing capablilties your body posesses. Sheathunderwear is a proud sponsor of this answer.
Answered: Thu, 23 Dec 2010
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor