Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
181 Doctors are Online

4 year old with soft spots on the head after a fall. Need to get checked?

Hi. My son is 4 years old. He backwards fell off the the side of my basement stairs falling about 5 feet. He hit the concrete floor and starting crying seconds after he hit. This happen yesterday and he seems fine. The only spot i can find is on his back, there is a scrap and now a bruise. He has mention a headache but it doesnt seem bad enough to keep him from playing. Today I was checking his head and there is 2 soft spots on the left side that is very sore to the touch. There is not any bruises or anything that would make me think he hit his head. Should I be concerned?
Asked On : Wed, 17 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  108
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Pediatrician, Surgery 's  Response
Thank you for placing your query with Health Care Magic
From your description it seems to be only a hematoma (collection of blood). Your child requires analgesics for a day or two and some cold compresses. The swelling may take some time to resolve but the soreness would go in one or two days. Although it does not seem serious but still I recommend you get swellings examined by a Pediatric surgeon and also get a proper prescription for analgesics. He/she might advice an X-ray of the skull, but I don't think there is any need to worry .
Hope that helped
God bless you
Answered: Thu, 18 Apr 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor