Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
135 Doctors are Online

4 year old with frequent cold and cough, mild recovery with Ventrolin, Budecort, diagnosed with enlarged adenoid, fluid in ear. Treatment?

Hi, My son is 4 yrs old and has been catching cough and cold from the time he was a year old, a year back he was put on Ventrolin and Budecort 100 ( inhaler ) for almost a year by his paed stating that he has a wheeze and he did show signs of recovery however after 3 weeks he was back with his cough. After that recently we found out that its not wheezing its an enlarged Adenoid and there is also fluid in his ear. The doctors are suggesting surgery for the time being he has been on doses of Augmentin , Cetrizinfe, Pecef one of the ears showed recovery however he is down with cough and cold and that has not stopped he is complaining of ear ache this time . Please suggest the Right course of action he has a Severe cough this time and I am really worried.
Asked On : Thu, 6 Sep 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  59
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Procedures
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
I think you are using too much of Antibiotics in case of your child and the best solution for his frequent illnesses will be to go Adenoidectomy, that is removal of enlarged adenoids at the earliest. You should see an ENT specialist for that.
Answered: Thu, 6 Sep 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor